Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Thankful

I am first off thankful just for being in 6th period American Lit. Last year, English was not something I looked forward to...someone who had Mr. Tejano might understand. But this year I'm glad to be in a class where I can express my opinion freely, tell jokes, and be myself. 

As for classmates, I am thankful for Marcos and Lauren, for always listening to my rants or sorry excuses. They are very helpful, and give me a different perspective to some of our readings. I would have never pictured a fun group like us filled with very different people. Maybe we're just one and the same.

Lastly, I'd like to thank Trenati Baker. Before I met her, I sat with a few acquaintances that I thought I'd be safe with. But since we have a mutual friend, I decided that I wanted to get to know Trenati. So the next day I decided to sit next to her and befriend her. Because of her, I've not only gained one good friend that I can most likely call a best friend soon, but SEVERAL good friends. I was able to join her circle and was welcome with open arms. We have the best times after school, whether it be dancing, venturing, signing (yes, as in sign language), or partying. I love those girls now, and I owe most of it to Trenati. But even in class, Trenati and I help each other to be better students. I'm really glad I met Trenati, and I'm thankful for it.

1 comment:

  1. Mr. Tejano prepared you well. I am happy to have you in class.

    ReplyDelete